On this glorious day in 2013, I can’t help but look back on the highlights of 2012:
- Graduated with a bachelors degree, in NUTRITION!
- Participated in my first large scale research project based on exercise & blood glucose.
- Made it through one year of a long distance relationship with my Matthew.
- Traveled to Asia for the first time since I was 2 years old — covered Tibet, Phlippines, China, and Japan!
- Moved to NYC and started another chapter in life.
- Made significant improvements under my cooking belt.
- Acceptance into Dental School!
Now to recap on my new years resolutions, I can confidently say that I’ve worked on each and every one of them. It’s all about improving yourself each year and trying to accomplish new highs. For 2013, I came up with another list of goals that I’d like to complete one step at a time.
- Find more ways to exercise. I noticed living in NYC, it’s expensive to acquire a gym membership. It’s also exhausting commuting to and from work and finding the time to make it out for a jog. My goal is to exercise at least 5x/week, like I did in college. NO EXCUSES!
- Find a hobby. I really want to find a hobby that I enjoy, whether it is finally joining that pick up soccer league, or learning a new skill. Tailoring clothes would come in handy.. hmm..
- Spend more time with friends. I’ve started getting better at this, but my social anxiety likes to kick in…
- Call my parents more often. I love my parents, but dread using my phone..
- Eat organic when possible. Nothing extremely major, but I’d like to limit my chemical/pesticide intake even more and try to buy organic whenever I can.
- Become Yelp Elite. Just one of those things I’ve always wanted to be a part of haha
- Get my tattoo. I’ve wanted one since I was 16… I still want one at 22, so I think I’m ready.
- Learn more Tagalog/French. I love languages… It’s a goal to become bilingual before I leave this world. Plus, with the help of the awesome free app Duolingo, it is all that more tangible. 🙂